Call For Submissions
KEY DATES FOR NATIONAL WETLAND INDABA 2023
Abstracts and PowerPoint presentations.
|Deadline for submission of abstracts for papers, posters etc strictly||23 June 2023|
|The Conference Secretariat will mail acceptance no later than||7 July 2023|
|Deadline for receipt of PowerPoint presentations||6 October 2023|
Registration dates and deadlines
|Registration opens on||30 April 2023 or earlier|
|Early Bird and Presenter registration deadline||14 July 2023|
|Standard registration deadline||31 August 2023|
|Late registration deadline||30 September 2023|
The theme for National Wetland Indaba 2023 (NWI 2023) is in accordance with that of Ramsar, namely "It’s Time for Wetland Restoration". So, be part of an event that celebrates this theme through invited keynote speakers, plenary sessions, presentations, workshops, discussions and training events.
Notwithstanding the focus on wetland restoration, the NWI 2023 will also cater for a wide diversity of presentations and posters, ensuring that the heterogeneity of our wetlands and rivers is captured through the four days of presentations and discussions. As always, the rigorous and wide-ranging topics of NWI 2023 will be complemented by engaging social events, lively debates on governance, legislation and policies, and wetland stories from people passionate about their involvement.
Under this overarching theme delegates are invited to submit abstracts relating to their specific community of practice, whether it is education, academic, industry, conservation, agriculture, civil society, consulting or decision-making.
The following sub-themes have been identified as being of interest for the submission of scientific presentations and/or posters:
- Rehabilitation and restoration in a changing world
- Wetlands in arid environments
- Wetland ecology and biodiversity
- Wetland ecosystem functioning
- Wetlands, people and community engagement
- Traditional wetland knowledge
- Mapping, monitoring and remote sensing
- Conservation and management
- Water quality and pollution
- Mining, invasives, and other wetland threats
- Governance and legislation
Student presentations are especially encouraged and limited funding is available for student attendance. Qualifying students will be able to download the application form on the registration page.
- Abstracts must be submitted online no later than 23 June 2023.
- All accepted abstracts may be published in both hard copy and electronically.
- No last minute substitution of author/s will be accepted.
- All delegates who submit abstracts will be notified of their acceptance or non-acceptance via email by the Secretariat by 7 July 2023. No correspondence will be entered into about non-acceptance.